Native American Heritage Month
Resources for teaching STEM students
When is it?
The month of November
What is it?
STEM Role Models:
- Learn about Colonialism and Indigenous Sovereignty, presented by Lummi Nation and featuring Faithkeeper Oren Lyons, Part 1 and Part 2
- We are Indigenous, We are Scientists
- Explore Native American relationships— relationships to land, to creatural relatives, and to one another in the All My Relations podcast.
Leadership & Resources:
- AISES, American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- SACNAS, Advancing Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science
- NIEA, National Indian Education Association
- NAWiC, Native American Women in Computing
- NIEA Virtual Resources for Schools, Teachers, Parents and Students for Native American Heritage Month